Saturday, November 12, 2016

Unplug

I'm posting this from the spot where I always sit on my father's couch. It's the one place the cats don't like to lounge, so it spares my allergies a bit. I look up once in awhile to watch one of my children hunting pecans in the backyard and the other playing checkers with my dad, and the sound of college football drifts into the living room from the bedroom where my stepmother is watching the Longhorns. Grandfather's house means turning off the phone (not just putting it on silent), slowing way down, and lots of "favorites"--favorite burgers for lunch, favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner, favorite movies to watch. As my daughter brushed her teeth this morning, she sighed, "I love coming here." Me, too, sweet girl. Me, too.


https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a0/7c/76/a07c76fd6e17b838c25ff52ba20e6ace.jpg

Leaving was a spur-of-the-moment decision, so I accidentally left 642 Things at home. This prompt is from me:

Where do you go when you need a break? Is it a place or a person or both? What does unplugging look, feel, taste, sound, and smell like for you? How often do you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment