Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Advent: Week Two

Arthur Ave Market; Bronx, NY

Here are the 642 Things prompts for this week:


  • Who was the hardest person in your life to forgive? How did you do it?
  • Finish this sentence and keep writing for 10 minutes. DO NOT LOOK AHEAD
What I most want you to know about me is . . .
  • Stop after 10 minutes. Now write this and keep going for 10 minutes:
That was all a lie. Here's what I really want you to know . . .
  • Your high school reunion is coming up. Think of one person you really don't want to see there. Write a letter to that person about what happened back in high school, and how it makes you feel, even today, this many years later.


Be sure to post responses in the comments! Go back to last week's post to see Sue's example.

1 comment:

  1. The hardest person in my life to forgive is my mother, and I do it a little bit more every day. I focus on the things we can agree on and acknowledge there are things she gets right that I get wrong; I work to learn more about her past and the things that shaped her; and in a critical moment, I called in her best friend to help me explain to her the ways she has hurt me and what I need from her going forward. And it's the "going forward" part that helps the most: I make every effort to move on. Honest, open communication; boundaries; and more grace than I ever knew was possible have brought us to a much healthier place.

    And even though I might have to forgive her all over again tomorrow, it gets easier with practice.

    ReplyDelete