Tuesday, October 25, 2016

On Natural Disasters

Hello everyone! I hope the week is off to a good start for you.

I missed posting on Saturday because we were at Camp Allen for the parish retreat (along with some of you!), but I will get back to our regular schedule of Tu/Thurs/Sat posts this week.

Here's the quote for reflection:

My architectural drive was to design new types of buildings to help poor people, especially following natural disasters and catastrophes... I will use whatever time is left to me to keep doing what I have been doing, which is to help humanity. Frei Otto

And here's what we have from 642 Things:

Write about the natural disaster experience you had, never had, and/or wish you'd had.

To throw in another way of sharing, feel free to post pictures of any natural disasters you've encountered. Here are a couple of mine:

This was the scene in my driveway in Connecticut after Hurricane Irene.

This was the neighborhood Christmas tree after being destroyed by Hurricane Sandy.



No comments:

Post a Comment